Half a Cup of Blues

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Full Circle

When I was young....

I saw a bum
He wore dirty clothes
His shoes did not fit him
His beard was long
His face was worn
I saw a bum

I saw myself
My clothes were clean
My shoes were new
My hair was clipped
My face was fresh
I saw myself

When I was grown....

I saw a bum
His clothes had holes
His shoes had no soles
His hair was shaggy
His face was haggard
I saw a bum

I saw myself
My suit was tailored
My shoes were italian
My hair was trimmed
My face was tanned
I saw myself

When I was old....


I saw a bum
His clothes were worn
His shoes were cracked
His hair was grey
His face was mine
I saw myself...

~Miche11e~
1/93

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2005 2:49 PM  

  • Nice Michelle.This is me to the 'T'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2005 3:23 PM  

  • Looks like I missed some drama - hope you are doing OK. Lots of people care and that is a good thing.

    By Blogger edieraye, at 5/01/2005 8:30 PM  

  • This one, Jay, was written to remind myself that every person has a story to tell and that at any given moment my own circumstances could change and mirror those around me.

    It helps me to remember that I always want to treat people with compassion and dignity.

    *hug*

    By Blogger Michelle, at 5/02/2005 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home