Half a Cup of Blues

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Writing on the Wall

You were blind and could not see...
The darkest part inside of me...
Lost in the shadows and hidden from view...
I wasn't the "me" you thought you knew..

Sweet as honey with an angel's smile...
Tormented by demons all the while...
Consumed with a fever of dark desire...
Dancing closer to the growing fire...

Sapphire eyes see inside and out...
Under the masks of fear and doubt...
Looking deep into people's eyes...
To see the truth inside the disguise...

A heart-shaped face does not reveal...
The inner turmoil I can always feel...
The need to run both far and wide...
To find a place in which to hide...

I gave you words with which to know...
The way I felt when it didn't show...
But you were busy with things of your own...
And did not hear what could be known...

So now I leave this familiar place...
No tears or smiles upon this face...
I'll leave no note nor make no call...
The writing was there...upon the wall...

~Miche11e~
5/97

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home