Half a Cup of Blues

Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Biggest Little City ...

The Goobers (my 15 year old twin boys) are flying to Missouri for the summer later today. *sigh* It is one of those mixed blessings where I know that I'll have some quiet time but I will still miss them like crazy. They have the energy of a couple of caged Tazmanian devils and, trust me, they can really wear me out! Even so, I will miss the little heathens. Well, not so little, I guess. They are both taller than I am already and they love to point that out to me quite often.

I haven't written much here this week but that's not to say that a lot hasn't happened. Quite the contrary. I just don't have the words to write it all down or, even, to know where to start.

It's a beautiful, sunny morning here and I'm getting ready to go to Reno, Nevada (where the boys will fly out of this year). I'm not much of a gambling person but I have come to realize recently that life, itself, is all about risks and rewards, knowing when to fold or when to go all in. You can't win if you aren't willing to show your hand.

Maybe I'm more of a gambler than I thought I was.
Maybe I can't gamble at all.

Today's Plan: Play the hand I'm dealt and let the chips fall where they will.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home