Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Just under 600 miles ...

That's what I drove this weekend.

And I got to hug one of the loveliest ladies that I've ever had the pleasure to meet. She just moved to California from Ohio and she sure brightens up whatever place she is in. Someday I'll have to put down in words how much she inspires me and how much I admire her.

I heard wonderful stories from a man who, I swear, has done everything! And tells it with wit and charisma, too! He's been a chef and a cabbie. He knows so much information that I have no clue how he stores it all and whips it out at a moment's notice! He's a gifted poet and storyteller. He needs to write a book!

I met a charming man who fought a dragon and lived to tell about it (okay, he was hit by a car on his bike and was pretty banged up but still came out to join us). He tells the story of how he met his wife with such energy and expression that I can't wait to meet her some day. He obviously adores her!

And then there was that other person. There is too much to say and this isn't the right time to say it so that one has to wait a while.


I know that this probably sounds boring as heck to anyone reading but it was such a great weekend. I saw some of the Highland Games (in Campbell, Ca.) with a great group of people and each one of them I had met from the internet (www.radioparadise.com) and that's pretty amazing, too.

Must find some Z's now - G'night, world.

3 Comments:

  • Having met two of the people you are talking about, I can say that I absolutely agree with your descriptions of them. The people we know through RP are quite the amazing group... I look forward to the day when I can count you among those that I've met.

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at 6/20/2005 11:36 AM  

  • the pictures are awesome! and what a great find, the highland games. and kilt lifters...tee hee.

    looking forward to reinstock. ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 6/20/2005 7:12 PM  

  • Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend!

    By Blogger edieraye, at 6/21/2005 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home