Half a Cup of Blues

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Road Less Traveled ...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

~Robert Frost ~



I have chosen the road less traveled.
More to follow as the journey unfolds.

Added 6/14/05 10:30 PM

There are many paths that we travel throughout our lives. Some take us to places that we like and others take us to places that leave us scarred but still free to travel on. We never know what's ahead as we begin the journey. We just do our best to choose as wisely as we can. Sometimes we can tell the rough terrain from the smooth path but we still do not know what's over the next hill.

I made a big decision this evening to take the path that recently crossed the one I was already on. It was not a decision that was made lightly and I know that it impacted other people than just myself. That could not be helped or avoided. I
believe that I made the best possible choice, for me.

This is a new chapter.
What it holds is yet to be seen.
I remain optimistic.
The view is lovely from here.

Today's Plan: Take one step at a time and keep an eye on the horizon.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home