Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Stuff happens ...

Thankfully, a friend checked my oil and water before I left for Reno or that might have been a disaster waiting to happen. I seldom remember stuff like that.

What did happen, though, was a flat tire in the WalMart shopping center parking lot in Reno.

2 new tires later and it is too late to drive home so I have to find a place for the night. Holiday Inn had room for someone as unprepared as me.

Mt. Lassen was beautiful on the way home. The snow capped peaks glistened under the late afternoon sun.

I'm home. I'm tired. I'm crashing.

Tonight's Plan: To sleep deeply.

5 Comments:

  • glad you are home safely. How was your triip?

    melanie

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 6/06/2005 2:06 AM  

  • It was a lovely drive, Melanie.

    Reno is really a dirty town during the daytime but at night the neon glows and lots of the filth is not so visible. It's a study in contrasts.

    The hard part was coming home and the house being so quiet last night and knowing that it will be another 8 weeks before the rabid chatter of teenage boys will be back in the house again.

    This is going to be a crazy week at work. Maybe I should have just stayed in Reno! *hug*

    By Blogger Michelle, at 6/06/2005 7:17 AM  

  • Use the time to rejuvenate.

    I enjoy not having my kids here during the week. On weekends, we have fun together. It's enough for now.

    And just think: your boys will be even taller when you next see them! ;)

    By Blogger Alison, at 6/06/2005 10:18 AM  

  • Sweet dreams Michelle.

    By Blogger Politically Homeless, at 6/06/2005 7:36 PM  

  • You better start checking the oil on a regular basis! Did I say that? Ahem. Nag, nag, naggity, nag! Glad you made it home safely!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 6/07/2005 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home