Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Home ...

10 days gone and just now back home.

I did not want to get back into my Explorer and drive away.

I hated it.

Just before I went to my conference last Wednesday I came down with a killer case of sore throat. It was awful! The coral reef was growing inside my throat! Swallowing was excruciating for days and days (and nights, too!).

I was sicker than I've been in a very long time. I finally saw the doctor (walk-in clinic) on Friday afternoon and she put me on HUGE antibiotic pills for the nasty owie on my tonsils (yes, I still have them!) and she also prescribed something wonderful called "Magic Mouthwash" that finally let me get some sleep after 3 days of tossing, turning, and getting up. I had to have been terrible company! I just wanted to sleep and even that wasn't easy between the burning up and shivering cold spells. I was a mess!

And, through all of this, Yibbyl was so sweet and so tender. I even ate his ice cream while he was at work and he didn't mind! He went and got soup and he had it all ready for when I woke up.
He kept giving me plenty of cold water to drink when I was hot and he snuggled with me when I was cold.

Last night it was time to load up and come back home and I wanted to just sit down and cry. I didn't want to leave there or leave him. I really don't even have the words to express how much he touches my heart in the big and little ways.

Wanna know a secret? I love him.

Today's plan: To dream and plan of a new future...together.

5 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear you were sick during your trip... and I also MISSED YOU! You missed me while I was gone, and then you were gone once I got back. *pout*

    And I know exactly what you mean about the having to leave thing. Not easy, not easy at all.

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at 7/11/2005 1:08 PM  

  • Hey You!
    I missed you!
    I hope this is the "love" you were looking for.I'm not good at reading between the lines!
    *high fives*
    Jay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2005 1:25 PM  

  • I went inside and held your shirt-covered pillow.

    I love you, too!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 7/11/2005 9:29 PM  

  • I'll say it again.... some jinx, eh?

    The anonymous jinxer :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2005 1:50 PM  

  • You guys! :jump:

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2005 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home