Half a Cup of Blues

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's in the blood ...

Or not.

So a few of you know that I've been having lab work done the last couple of months after my iron dropped dramatically low and I couldn't give platelets (I'm not allowed to go back until the doctor clears me again).

Well, the dang iron capsules are freaking HUGE! 150mg. of green clogger upper (TMI!). Blech!

My iron level has increased back into low normal ranges but something is not making her (my doctor) happy. I'm not really sure what it is or even if she's sure there's something wrong. It sounds more like she just wants to be sure and cover all the bases about some of my numbers being a little wonky. I seem to be bruising extremely easy. And I'm tired. Excessively tired. I fell asleep in the waiting room of her office!

I've been referred to a Hematologist. That's just a blood doctor, right? No big deal.

I have blood. Plenty of it. And needles don't scare me either.

More poking and prodding coming my way (and I'm not talking about the GOOD kind either!)...

Other people need some good thoughts right now so how about some strong energy for Lexie and a GREAT job, BHD's house closing without further ado, Jay finding the best job, and, above all else, peace for Kelli and those who care about her.

Send positive thoughts to these good people. Thanks!

Today's Plan: Focus on the weekend - ocean camping and cool breezes.

4 Comments:

  • What can I say? I'm sometimes selfish! I think I'll concentrate on you!

    Also. PM for you, Sweetie!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 7/20/2005 10:18 PM  

  • You get youself together.Ma doesn't like horse pills either.
    You first,in my book.Vibes to the others have been sent.
    -HUG-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2005 4:59 PM  

  • Thank you, Michelle...*mwah*

    By Blogger Alexandra, at 7/21/2005 8:58 PM  

  • There is nothing that trumps health. Don't forget that! I'm praying on you, girlfriend...

    By Blogger bhd, at 7/22/2005 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home