Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Magic in the Emerald Forest ...

That's where I spent the weekend.

12 acres under the canopy of giant redwoods on the California coast near Trinidad. The fog rolled in and temperatures varied from the mid 50's to the low 60's.

Patricks' Point, just north, was beautiful. Wedding Rock (where we heard there really was a wedding going on) and Agate Beach were filled with flora and fauna that seem exotic compared to my hotter habitat inland.


The whole weekend seemed magical but I know that it was the company more than anything else.

I think that the magic is really all about taking the time to enjoy where you are, what you are doing, and who you are with.

Today's Plan: Enjoy the moments....they add up to a lifetime.

5 Comments:

  • Glad to hear such a lovely tale! You are glowing...

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 7/25/2005 3:21 AM  

  • I agree with Melanie. You ARE Glowing and I couldn't be happier. :hug:
    I am so glad we are friends.

    By Blogger Anica, at 7/25/2005 1:32 PM  

  • It was the company! I love how you make me laugh and would love to go there or anywhere with you again!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 7/25/2005 8:53 PM  

  • It sounds like just a lovely weekend. I'm glad you had a good time! :)

    By Blogger Politically Homeless, at 7/26/2005 8:56 AM  

  • Sounds perfectly wonderful! I need to put that on my list of places I must visit some day!

    I had a taste of that magic visiting Muir Woods last week, but can only imagine how sweet it would be to camp in that forest environment. Sigh... Good for you!

    --- Jennnn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/29/2005 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home