Half a Cup of Blues

Monday, September 26, 2005

Yummilicious!

What a weekend! We put over 700 miles on the truck this weekend and that was nothing compared to the driving my uncle did! We headed down to ClovisFest for the BBQ cookoff. My uncle, Jerry King, drove all the way out from Midland, Texas. He was one of just 37 contestants in this brand new BBQ contest.

I've never been to one of these but I'm sure going to go to some more. Some of the BBQ rigs were big! I mean seriously HUGE. My uncle had converted a horse trailer into half living quarters and the back half was an amazing custom made BBQ grill. And he sure knows how to use it! He took 1st place in Chicken, 2nd place in Pork, 6th place in Ribs, and his Brisket (usually his BEST entry) was dry and placed 18th, I think. Ya reckon the family reunion that we had going on there distracted him? I brought a little goody bag home but I expect that the Goobers will devour it before I even get home from work!

Yibbyl paid close attention and learned all kinds of great bbq/grilling techniques. We've also been exposed to such incredibly good meats now that our taste buds may become snobs!


Well, it has taken me two days to write this (I hate that OLD computer at home!) so I'm just gonna go ahead and post it. I miss you guys!

Today's Plan: Find a good computer repairman and make an appointment!

6 Comments:

  • Havin BBQ tonight...Texas BBQ...made in the backyard! #1 Chickens ain't too shabby...Good on the Uncle from Midland.
    *miss yootoo!*
    Jay... and if I may...Lyndon*hugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2005 5:58 PM  

  • One of my husband's favorite toys is a 16 foot smoker. It started out not too fancy but then he had to get the chrome smoke stacks(!) and the flame thrower(!) and the next thing I know his buddy's dad buys the boys a generator and a huge tarp thing. It is quite impressive when they set up shop. The whole neighborhood can smell the meat cooking. And everyone shows up about the time it is done. Fingerlickinggood!

    By Blogger edieraye, at 9/27/2005 8:00 PM  

  • Oh my God. I'm so hungry.

    By Blogger Alison, at 9/29/2005 12:53 AM  

  • Chellie! I love the way you describe the events you attend! I can hear your voice saying the words in my head. I hope you fix the computer too--do you realize how loved and missed you are??? I'm so glad you're having all this fun. Good luck with all the house -clearing/organizing! (Unless it's done now?) Love ya!

    By Blogger Alexandra, at 9/29/2005 7:22 AM  

  • Now I am jonesing for some BBQ ribs. especially with apple BBQ Sauce.

    By Blogger Anica, at 9/30/2005 3:37 PM  

  • BBQ, drools on her keyboard.

    along with beer, that is foreplay in Texas!

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 10/02/2005 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home