Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Blech...

It's a beautiful day outside and I feel puny! Yibbyl gave me his sore throat and general ickiness that he had last week. I guess that's what happens when ya keep on kissin' between the sniffles! Oh well, it was worth it!

I'm making myself get up and get going today. I'm heading to the grocery store so that I can make some homemade calzones for the goobers (good football grub) and plan out the rest of the week, too. Yibbyl has been out of town most of the weekend but should be HOME later this afternoon. Wow. That sounds good. He's coming home. I miss him when he's away. I sleep better when he's home.

I should have been doing some classroom work this weekend but I needed a break so I am taking one. We just wrapped up a unit on ancient Rome and Greece and my class hosted another room (also studying similar themes) in a Greco-Roman Symposium this last Friday. That's really just a fancy name for a TOGA party! We all dressed up and brought in tons of food for the day. We lounged around and watched "Helen of Troy" and, I have to admit, we all had a wonderful time. It sounds like a rather lazy day but it wasn't for the staff. It was exhausting! We received tons of compliments from the administrators but it was the excitement of the kids that made it all worthwhile.

We're moving into themes of "revolution" next and I'm not sure that I can dress up the French Revolution to be that exciting (even though it was such an incredibly pivotal time in the history of western civilization) if we do another theme day. Maybe we'll be inspired as we are reading Dickens.

"
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity . . ."

Well, that's all the catching for me right now. I'm hoping to do some blog-hopping later this evening and catch up on what everyone else is doing. I miss y'all. Be well and happy, each of you, and know that you are always held close in my heart.

~M~

5 Comments:

  • After deleting 5 canned spam comments I have, reluctantly, removed the anonymous comments option.

    Damned spammers.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10/09/2005 1:02 PM  

  • that sounds like a great party! did you stuff your own grape leaves?

    and i love the french revolution! it is a pivotal point.

    good to see you blogging again!

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 10/09/2005 7:50 PM  

  • Wow---it's neat to be hearing "tales from the classroom" again, Michelle!!! I miss you and I love you. *MWAH*

    By Blogger Alexandra, at 10/09/2005 9:43 PM  

  • Hi, Honey! I'm home!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 10/09/2005 10:07 PM  

  • Glad to read you are back! I guess you don't need anymore tunes eh?!*lol*
    Lyndon has a blog now.Blue Collar Bosa Nova.
    anyway...thanks for being you!
    *hugs and kissies*
    Jay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/10/2005 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home