Half a Cup of Blues

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Rose by any other Name ...

I had a wonderful holiday!
I hope that you all did, too!

Yibbyl gave me something that I have wanted for a long time. You can see a picture of it on his blog. What makes it so special was that, even though I wanted it, I probably would not have gotten something so special for myself anytime soon. With teenage boys in the house it seems too extravagant to spend that much on me when they are constantly growing and needing stuff. Yibbyl rocks!

* BTW - He received some software that he'd been eyeing for a few years and I think he was pretty jazzed about getting it. He was playing with it until at least midnight last night (when I finally crashed) so I guess it was a hit.

In other news - I went through and added some Paradisiacs (aka Peeps) to my links and also checked everyone's current blogs so that I could update the names to exactly what they have chosen rather than the names I had written down. It just seems that people often put a lot of thought into what name they choose for their blogs and that I should honor that and list them correctly - so I did. There are some wonderful people to visit and now I need to take some time to go back to those pages and read some more instead of just hit-and-miss fly-by visits.

*And then I go and change the name of my own blog! My bad! But this phrase has been swimming in my head for a while now. I needed to put it somewhere!

Today's Plan: Catch up with some dear friends!

6 Comments:

  • Woo hoo! Looks like my Blue Dream, only a bit shorter. Then again, I am a big girl, innit? Enjoy!

    By Blogger bhd, at 12/26/2005 2:03 PM  

  • I had to look it up, Cathy. This is what it is:

    Introducing the Feelfree MOVE, one of the most well thought and well constructed single seat sit-on -top boats in the industry.
    Designed in New Zealand more than a decade ago, Feelfree kayaks have been pleasing paddlers ever since. As of the summer of 2004, Feelfree recreational kayaks have been introduced and enthusiastically welcomed by paddlers across the USA.

    Usage: Single Adult/ Kids play, ocean, river, surf, lake,
    Recreational
    Seats: One
    Length: 8' 8" 2.70 m
    Width: 29" 740 mm.
    Weight: 41 lbs. 19 kg.
    Capacity: 290 lbs 110+ kg.

    ** I am just itching to use it ASAP!!!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 12/26/2005 2:14 PM  

  • It's beautiful, Michelle! You have so much to look forward to!

    A

    By Blogger Anna, at 12/26/2005 2:46 PM  

  • Hi There, nice blog, you have a great job too, I know. I have been in a chair for seven yrs. Spinal Injury. I run a blog about disabled athletics. Hope you check it out.
    http://www.rollingpix.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Ralph, at 12/26/2005 5:24 PM  

  • Before I log off...you made me laugh as usual! at least I have the ~M~ link!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/26/2005 7:15 PM  

  • That rawks!

    By Blogger edieraye, at 12/28/2005 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home