Half a Cup of Blues

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

One Hot Mama ...

Who turned up the thermostat...?!?!

I can go to bed bundled up in jammies 'cuz I'm freezing...
I'll wake up at 3am and be dripping with sweat...
The covers have to be pushed away ...
And jammies will be flung far...
I need COLD water...
...which turns out to be no problem since I have to get up and go anyways!

This is NOT okay!
I want my money back!
What?
No Deposit, No Return?

I'm WAY too young for this! *sob*

Today's Plan: Sleep with the window open?

6 Comments:

  • I was about 40 when all that started, and 43 when it was all over except the flashing. I hope the worst of it will be short-lived for you, as it was for me. My advice: no jammies, and easily moved layers of covers. I've never been able to sleep in a room without a window open, and now our bed is beneath the windows, and the cold air chills my water bottle all night long.

    By Blogger bhd, at 1/05/2006 11:26 AM  

  • Well, you know my thermostat is the exact opposite of yours, so we should definitely cuddle more! M'wah!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 1/05/2006 11:14 PM  

  • Me too, chick. I dunno whose body this is that I'm wearing lately. And, as usual, what BHD said: no PJs and layered covers. Tell K that Z keeps bottled water by the bed. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2006 5:12 PM  

  • Thermostats aside, you're just plain HOT!! :hug:

    By Blogger An Urban Femme, at 1/07/2006 10:23 AM  

  • Yikes. Sounds like Zipperella and bhd have far better advice than I could ever give...

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at 1/07/2006 11:22 AM  

  • I think I'll be hitting this early too, dear friend. I never had any pregnancies to delay the production of eggs, and I'm already getting tiny sneak previews just before my cycle starts.

    By Blogger Alexandra, at 1/09/2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home