Half a Cup of Blues

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life and Death ...

The beginning and the end.

And what the middle holds is what really counts.

A long life filled with passion and adventure and love is the ultimate good life but not everyone gets that. Some lives end much too soon and the half-lived life seems to drag on much too long.

In life we don't have to wait for the coach to send us in.

We get to be the one who decides whether we are players or bench warmers.


These things have been on my mind.

I want to
play!

~M~

4 Comments:

  • Put me in Coach, i'm ready to play today.

    whistles

    ;-)

    By Blogger Mermaid Melanie, at 2/17/2006 5:15 AM  

  • I am ready to play too. I'm in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2006 10:03 AM  

  • *HUGS*
    There's a good link on that 'other' site.The Meaning Of Life or sumpin!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2006 1:47 PM  

  • I've been thinking about this today. A young man I know died this morning in a car accident. He was newly married. Worked with college aged kids. He was one of those enthusiastic people who really lived life. While I am devastated thinking about the extreme loss his young wife and the many kids whose lives he was a vital part of are today, I am thankful that at least he really used the time he had. When my time comes I want to look back on my life and say that I wrung everything I could out of every moment I was given.

    By Blogger edieraye, at 2/19/2006 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home