Half a Cup of Blues

Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Cup Runneth Over ...

...with sadness.

I blog-hopped this evening.
I read about BHD's trip back east to be with family.
I felt sad.

Brian gave his father a beautiful eulogy at An Audience of One.
He misses his dad.
I cried.


I wanted to go somewhere I had never been.
I followed a link from Brian's page.

The name appealed to me.
It was The Narcissist's Secrets.
It has a new name now: The Next Chapter.
I read about the birth and death of the beautiful baby Oliver.
He was 12 days old.
I cried.

Oddly enough these last two connected for me.
The most important man of my childhood was my granddad.
He was the kindest, gentlest, most loving man - ever.
I was born on his 54th birthday.
I loved and respected him like Brian did his father.
I wanted to name my daughter (if I had one) after him.
His name was Oliver.


I'm turning the computer off for the rest of the night.
My heart hurts for people that I don't even know.

Tonight's Plan: Make a wish for peace and healing around the world.

6 Comments:

  • (hug)

    I love you!

    M'wah!

    By Blogger Yibbyl, at 3/13/2006 7:10 AM  

  • *hug*

    that's all.

    By Blogger David, at 3/13/2006 6:04 PM  

  • :hug:
    Michelle, I would like to tell you just how much I truly appreciate your wonderful, kind words.

    Thank you for being you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 4:13 AM  

  • *hug*

    That's all I can say.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 5:11 AM  

  • Big hearts make beautiful people.

    By Blogger An Urban Femme, at 3/14/2006 5:35 AM  

  • It's amazing how things about people we don't even "know" can enter our minds and tug on our emotions. And when someone is as kind-hearted as you, it's bound to happen all the more.

    :hug:


    On another note... my word verification is foxchasb, the closest thing that I've had to a word yet!

    By Blogger newwavegurly, at 3/21/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home