Half a Cup of Blues

Monday, July 24, 2006

Avenue of the Giants ...

On the second day of our roadtrip we drove along the Avenue of the Giants in Humboldt County. It was not quite as cool here even though there was a ton of shade. The redwood trees were incredible and majestic. Here are a few of the pictures that we took:

This one is of Chris (Goober) walking across a fallen redwood that is covered with the biggest clover plants that you have ever seen!

This was at the base of the first big redwood grove that we came across.

This is the Immortal Tree and the information about it is in the picture down below.

That is one seriously well aged tree! And it could make several houses!

This is the Eel River and the guys are standing on the remains of an old ghost town when they take the picture.

We drove through this tree! And high-centered doing it, too!

I told you that the clover was HUGE! That's my hand holding one.

And one last wildflower picture that still needs to be identified.


Stay tuned for the next adventure!

2 Comments:

  • I am completely envious. I've always wanted to do a Cal to Washington road trip. I just love it there so much...almost as much as my Great State!

    By Blogger CindyDianne, at 7/27/2006 7:32 AM  

  • omgoodness those are gorgeous shots and I too am very jealous. :) thank you for commenting on my blog and I'm so happy that I stopped by yours today.

    Hugs, Zissy

    By Blogger ::Zissy::, at 7/28/2006 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home